Can Composition and Performance be Research? Critical Perspectives. In this special research forum at City University, a group of panellists will lead a discussion on current debates about the relationship between practice and research. The discussion will centre on John Croft's recent and significant article 'Composition is not Research' (Tempo, 69/272 (April 2015), pp. 6-11) and a forthcoming article in response by Ian Pace.
- Christopher Fox (Professor of Composition at Brunel University and editor of Tempo)
- Ian Pace (pianist and Lecturer in Music at City University)
- Miguel Mera (composer and Head of the Department of Music at City University)
- Annie Yim (pianist and DMA student at City University)
- Christine Dysers (PhD student in Music at City University)
- Camden Reeves (composer and Head of Music, University of Manchester)
Admission is free. City University London, Performance Space, College Building. For more details please click here.